View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 07:20 AM
hummingbear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006

Originally Posted by cal73 View Post
So as a dues paying, meeting attending, poll taking member in good standing for 23 years I should just assume all is well? Are you friends or acquaintances with the MEC or NC? They carry water for us.
Contract now or show us why not
Not personally acquainted with any of those guys; just stating that this system of closed door negotiations is better for you & I than the alternative. If all 15,000 of us had a real-time view of every proposal, counter-proposal, and quid-pro-quo every step of the way, both sides would be far more guarded in their negotiating positions, & the rate of progress you complain about today would slow to a fraction of its present pace.

I certainly get the frustration of a drawn out wait, but to paraphrase Churchill, this is the least efficient way to negotiate- except for every other way possible. If you think the current NC is derelict in providing us the information we deserve, you are free to bring a recall measure, but I think most of us are confident enough in our new representation-for now- to allow them to see the job through.