View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 08:21 AM
cal73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: 737 Captain

Originally Posted by hummingbear View Post
Not personally acquainted with any of those guys; just stating that this system of closed door negotiations is better for you & I than the alternative. If all 15,000 of us had a real-time view of every proposal, counter-proposal, and quid-pro-quo every step of the way, both sides would be far more guarded in their negotiating positions, & the rate of progress you complain about today would slow to a fraction of its present pace.

I certainly get the frustration of a drawn out wait, but to paraphrase Churchill, this is the least efficient way to negotiate- except for every other way possible. If you think the current NC is derelict in providing us the information we deserve, you are free to bring a recall measure, but I think most of us are confident enough in our new representation-for now- to allow them to see the job through.
Derelict is not what I’m saying at all. Like I said, I trust Garth is doing the best he can but I think some more concrete v abstract negotiations updates would go a long way for not only me but to informing some of our halfwingers that really haven’t gone through a section 6 before. And is it too late to ask for a pony?