View Single Post
Old 03-29-2023, 10:28 AM
RippinClapBombs
Saturday’s are 4 the boys

Joined APC: Mar 2023

Originally Posted by codydenver View Post
So, I was "separated from training" from a regional two years back. I goofed the MV and then went on to fail my LOE (checkride). The training board decided to send me home for scheduling reasons l, then release me involuntary instead of asking or allowing a second checkride. O.k. great.
Moving on with my life, I've recently begun interviewing and in the process have received a PRIA from the regional. Instead of simply saying "separated from training" they decided to put:

"Termination involuntary due to poor performance/ poor conduct. Do not rehire "

This seems a tad harsh and possibly a coding mistake? Are there avenues which I can take to try and rectify this?
I have texted, emailed, and messaged everyone I know or can find to attempt to get this fixed. Maybe I'm just thinking too far into it?

Thanks for the advice and help
I was former SkyWest. The Maneuvers Validation and Type Ride (LOE) are both PRIA reported. Both those busts will be in your PRD. Prospective employers will decipher your reason for termination with or without an explanation. You were not terminated from employment for scheduling reasons.

“Termination involuntary due to poor performance/poor conduct” is accurate. “Do not rehire” is harsh but SkyWest removed their rehire policy around four years back.

Wish you the best with your interviews. I would just focus on owning your failures and focus on detailed explanations for what you learned.

edit: So you’re upset with the “/poor conduct”. The / means “either, or” not both poor performance “and” poor conduct. Again, prospective employers would decipher the termination was the result of poor performance.

Good luck.

Last edited by RippinClapBombs; 03-29-2023 at 10:44 AM.