Old 03-29-2023, 11:09 AM
Utah
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: RJ Captain

Originally Posted by yokemonkey View Post
I would say that what you see with another on this forum does not provide any indication of how your onboarding will progress. Interviewed 11/30/22 and received the CJO 12/12/22. Never have gotten a class date for the ERJ even though I had availability right away and had 600 Part 121 hours towards upgrade when CA are needed. And I am typed in the ERJ. All of this was known to the recruiter. I am now being told I am "forecast" for Jun or Jul. I can make no sense of the onboarding priority based upon what is being reported here with people interviewing and receiving CJO months later than me with far fewer qualifications and reporting a class date earlier. When I pointed this out to the recruiter I was told they had not scheduled that far out (i.e. the recruiter disputed what was being reported). Huge disconnect. With seniority being everything in airlines, I am surprised that first hired (accepted CJO) isn't first onboarded if what is being reported here is true, and I accept that it is. If anyone has any info on how the priority in onboarding of new hires is being approached I would be very interested in hearing it.
They probably don't think you are going to stick around and put priority on those that they think will. We've got a bunch of FOs leaving with 500 turbine for ULCCs and places like Southwest. The question might be, why would you even want to come here with the previous 121 time?