View Single Post
Old 03-30-2023, 03:48 PM
CAFB 04-12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Various

Originally Posted by Tropical View Post
Yes, it was a straw man argument. One you continue to attempt to argue. If you must go there, the Endeavor pilots flowing actually do work for our parent company and have a long record flying our passengers with success. USAF dude does not. So it's an irrelevant comparison (straw man argument).

He was totally a d-bag. He straight up stated that he shouldn't have to go through the normal interview process because his long military record "speaks for itself". Sorry, not sorry, but yeah, that reflects poorly on all military officers by perpetuating the "better than you" top gun stereotype.

Now you're judging me and my cockpit culture based on some semi-anonymous message board posts? Wow, you're really on a roll. Step away from the computer, Captain. Go get some fresh air. This isn't real life.
I've gone through the normal interview process with 3 other major airlines now and have CJOs will all but UPS (where I passed the interview and am waiting for training to start up again). I'm not asking to go to the front of the line. I'm asking Delta to not screen any pilots (including you, whatever your background is) using a 5x5 symbol sudoku and a nearly impossible dot counting exercise. Gather data and crunch it....fine. Not sure why this is controversial.

I have a background in a small but highly visible passenger carrying operation and have worked with people from all walks of life as flight attendants, flight engineers, and pilots (not to mention load masters and boom operators). Not sure why you're so angry, but this is the internet so I'll allow it.

Last edited by CAFB 04-12; 03-30-2023 at 04:04 PM.