View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Linepilot63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by opt0712 View Post
Please stop with this. This rumor has been addressed at the last NC meeting at AOC. Not to mention, speaking personally with union reps at AOC over the past month have verified this is a false rumor. Stay United and reach out to your reps.
That's not the conversation I had with a rep in AOC about a month ago. I believe he told me "all rumors have some level of truth," followed up with the used car salesman sales job saying "I got bumped this week, I don't like being bumped, then I have to have a crashpad because I'm a commuter!" I brought it up hoping he would squash the rumor, but the way I read between the lines that's not what I took away from his comments.

Also FWIW, said reps term just ended, but he did say when he started he was a "scope and QOL guy," but the "survey data" said "retirement and pay" were what we want apparently. Needless to say we had a conversation for a bit about scope, and I made it clear I felt scope is section 1 for a reason, and the other $h1t won't matter if we don't lock it down, but he just kept saying "I know, survey data, blah blah blah." Needless to say I'm pretty concerned considering I'm no where near retirement.