View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 03:03 PM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
The cog test replaced the sim eval, the idea being it was a better comparison since invariably some pilots either flew the same type aircraft the sim was in or had to spend a lot of money if they wanted to get time in one.

Everyone gets that you think military pilots' skills are not to be questioned or tested in an interview. Delta disagrees. You did finally admit that you don't like skills tests unless they are for pilots you deem to have not demonstrated appropriate skill levels in their background, but you are fine with it for them. So shouldn't a military pilot be able to pass the same tests as a pilot from a dual pilot kingair?

You'd have a better result just saying you think the test is too hard, which I think many on here would agree it's quite difficult. Of course we don't know what part anyone actually failed either.
Obviously I don't think its too hard. I obviously passed it and I wasn't sweating it either. As for it replacing the sim ride, both instantly became something specifially rehearsed. Should a pilot "be able to pass" something? Shouldn't every pilot be able to do an NDB arc in actual with no autopilot with one engine out down to mins? Shouldn't a kidney transplant doctor be able to pass Grey's Anatomoy 101 to prove they are still real doctors?

The tests are silly and prove nothing. I'll put a career's worth of actual flying experience in the real world over those silly tests any day.