View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 04:06 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
Reading lots of defeatist JetBlue attitudes here.... Y'all need to buck up! WE CONTROL THIS JCBA! Act like a coward and admit defeat, you'll get a **** JCBA. Profit sharing seems a sticking point for y'all... Helps to be profitable to make it worth it, especially since you've NEVER been Delta profitable, so using their formula is garbage.... I guess some of us are at an impasse when it comes to DTZ/grid rules vs. Profit sharing... We shall see what shakes out, but keep your ****ing chins up and fight for EVERYTHING, not just what you think is attainable!
Wrong. JB has had margins higher than Delta's, at times. Profit Sharing payouts per employee more closely mirror margins, and not absolute profits. Absolute profits have no scale attached to them an airline can have 2x the absolute profits, but 4x the number of employees...

So yes, a Delta like profit sharing plan, where the company is required to set aside a certain percentage of the profit (and if there is a secondary trigger, have that set at a more realistic profit point for a smaller company), is not only possible, but expected, as it's industry standard.

And the irony of your "buck up" post telling us to fight for everything YOU see as important, in the same post, you elude to how profit sharing might not be "worth it".

And none have given up on the green grid rules. One of mine and most others top priorities. 100% pure DTZ is another matter, but that's also a whole other discussion, so do not link them as if they are the same work rule, with the same benefit, and the same universal appeal.

And to echo one of my brothers previous comments to illustrate how wrong you are, it was just about 4-5 years back that we had a better profit sharing plan, and some years the checks were quite significant. And that plan was still a weak plan by industry standards. That's a Nobel term, industry STANDARD, like a good profit sharing plan IS for pilot CBAs at the JB level of the industry.