View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 02:25 PM
jetlaggy
maxing the min/Moderator

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: 757

Originally Posted by Hellafo View Post
And seniority doesn't give you better schedules, just more time away from the BS.
Ask yourself....the last 10 years of your career, would you want to be a widebody captain flying passengers to nice destinations in Asia or Europe 3 times a months and having 24hr layovers at this cities? Or do you want to be a widebody captain flying to Europe layover 12 hours a night and do that 2 weeks out of the month? SDF-ONT possibly at night?we are talking you will be a 60-67 year old dude.
I'm guessing you would enjoy going into work in the first option. A lot of people here suffer from Stockholm syndrome or have never worked under Part 117 rest rules.
Yeah the money is great, health insurance is superb and yes there is a pension, but at what cost? Walking on eggshells anytime you are at work.

Don't get me started on the credit cap....yeah you are limited not by the FAA but by a contractual limit so the company keeps hiring people.....Defending quality of life while at work here is delusional, meanwhile at Delta you can do 130+ hours credit with 14 days of work.....
Rant over.

IMO Senior schedules at UPS are great…but some would complain about 25 days off a month. One person’s trash is another’s treasure…once you find your delight it almost isn’t work anymore.

I never understood the ones that take the upgrade right away then complain about being junior. smh