View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 10:26 AM
Noisecanceller
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2022

Originally Posted by Bgood View Post
One time an NK pilot explained the red/green and mentioned something about management being able to set only one reserve count threshold for everyday of that month. Can someone confirm or explain this part again? I believe thats an important part in the red/green language.

Currently, B6 sets different rsv numbers for different days in the month, and its not based on whats in open time. Gives them flexibility but screws us.
The grid levels are set based on historical values and 75% of the days of the month must be set to green at the start of initial open time. The company can pick which days they want their up to 25% of red days to be. I have seen many months over the years that started much more than 75% green. Yes a day could set green by one but the historical language prevents this most of time.

The grid language was blatantly violated by spirit management 10yrs ago. We had to take it to arbitration and the pilots won. The language has been negotiated and tested and reaffirmed. There is no grey area now.

Currently in my base and seat only the weekends are red by a number or two. All the weekdays are still green by large margins and anyone could drop if they wanted and we are a third of the way into the month. Yes weekends and holidays usually turn red first from drops in initial open time.