View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 08:39 AM
jzuniga
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: 777 bound!

Originally Posted by HDdrivr View Post
Unfortunately our association decided to open limited sections ( understandingly) trying to hit a home run aka industry leading contract ( pay and pension) . However. I believe our ask was weak once Delta “ PAY RATES” hit a grand slam! Now the wording seems to strongly indicate we will NOT be industry leading( unless you compare us to Atlas not the big 3 btw look at their market cap compared to ours !,,

I have spoken with reps about this and they say “ WE CANNOT EXPECT DAL RATES… vacation, pension, no pbs blah blah blah” How about we have $hitty RSV rules, as a 75 pilot I fly at night 99 percent of the time at night except for Covid when we ran so late I got to see the sunrise due to 2 hour sort delays. This does not even count 4 what intl pilots went through my perspective is nothing compared to lock downs.

I mentioned to one rep we need a 22% raise to start out and he and the JS laughed at me out loud. Then I showed them both Jet blue rates august of this year or next cannot remember 340 an hour for an Airbus Capt. According to my math a 12 year 75 FDX capt @272 and 12 JB Capt 340 well 340/272 = 1.25. Ie 25% for our NB Capt to ONLY MATCH JB. Yes I know we have a 15 year scale that is stupid but I can live with it if. My 12 yr matches the big 3 or even JB 12 yr this is only talking about NB pay.

So now back to original programming…. Negotiating in good faith. I think ( again my opinion ) 2 years of negotiation on only limited sections the company HAS NOT negotiated in good faith. What happened if we opened … I DONT KNOW SCOOOOOPE !!!!

STRIKE VOTE NOW!! Again my opinion due to mail contract and the critical freight we move ( medicine ,chemo drugs, hazardous material for pet scans etc) and the strong lobbyist we have ( 117 cargo carve out I have flow with previous FDX corp pilots we have a lot of influence in DC) we will not be allowed to strike but let’s get released for job action …. THE TIME IS NOW!

PS. DO not send ME a recoverable amendable payment , FULL RETRO PAY or I am a NO as a 75 capt a measly 35-50k payment. Not going to get paid .50 on the dollar with the $ hitty conditions we endured for 2 plus years during Covid.

feel free to give me perspective but as another contributor says FUPM NOW IS THE TIME
BINGO!

My buddy is a 737 capt at DAL who makes the same (if not more) as I do as an intl 777 capt!
:-(