View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 06:53 AM
PilotBases
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by highfarfast View Post
I have a Briggs and Riley and I have a LW Aurora (which is NOT the clunky boxy one you see pilots lugging around).

I like them both. But I do prefer the Aurora. The Aurora rolls smoother and has a more logical layout as you open it out.

Both don't exactly look like the typical pilot crew bags which I like for traveling out of uniform.

I do recommend having an extra bag on hand to use while you send the other one off for warranty repair. Both my bags have had to be sent off once each on warranty in the last 6 years.

Both fit into overhead bins fine as long as you don't overstuff them. Most pilots won't. Most flight attendants will.
I have a Briggs and Riley and I have a LW Aurora (which is NOT the clunky boxy one you see pilots lugging around).

I like them both. But I do prefer the Aurora. The Aurora rolls smoother and has a more logical layout as you open it out.

Both don't exactly look like the typical pilot crew bags which I like for traveling out of uniform.

I do recommend having an extra bag on hand to use while you send the other one off for warranty repair. Both my bags have had to be sent off once each on warranty in the last 6 years.

Having said that, if you're going to be DFW based, Crew Outfitters has an airport location there and will give you a loaner while your bag is being repaired, under warranty or not, if you purchase from them. This is particularly great when your bag breaks mid sequence. I have no idea if they have other airport locations. You can also order online from them. The store will have records of your original order when you show up for repair.

Both fit into overhead bins fine as long as you don't overstuff them. Most pilots won't. Most flight attendants will.
Aurora does look good, I got one for my wife (non airline) and it seems to hold up well. I guess that’s my caveat to ABLW!