View Single Post
Old 04-25-2023, 05:22 AM
B757
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: B757

Originally Posted by Toga10 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer so thoroughly. I'm aware I have 0 121 time and therefore can't apply as DEC as stated in my OP.

I didn't know about the issue regarding SIC time in single-pilot airplane with a foreign operator but what about FAR 61.51(e)(1)(i):
Logging pilot-in-command flight time.
A sport, recreational, private, commercial, or airline transport pilot may log pilot in command flight time for flights-
Except when logging flight time under § 61.159(c), when the pilot is the sole manipulator of the controls of an aircraft for which the pilot is rated, or has sport pilot privileges for that category and class of aircraft, if the aircraft class rating is appropriate;
Wouldn't that cover my case? If yes, that means I could log all my PF time on the PC-12 as PIC under FAA (not PM time).
Thank you for all the other inputs. Taking notes.
..I´ve got both licenses also (ATPL)..The important point here is to understand that EASA and FAA have both different rules, for logging flight time and else..FAR61 req´s apply only in the US, and may or may not apply to your past experience in a foreign aircraft..

My recommendation also, as said before, is to get some legal advice, and get it in writing. Please let us know how it goes..Good luck !!

Fly safe,
B757