Old 04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
DominAirTrix
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Another empty kitchen...UA 737 FO

Great post ezplt1 ...Questions for ya...

I did a little corporate charter flying as an FA before going to the front of the plane. One of the nice things was that sometimes we would score a trip down to St. Martin or the like with a few day layover, so we could play or scuba, etc. That was one of the perks of the corp life.

But every so often we would get a trip that was orginally a NetJets job, and they seemed pretty tightly scheduled, 3-5 legs a day, short layover kind of thing. Were most of the trips built like that or were we just getting the crappy trips from NJ? Is there a separation of domestic and int'l flying, or is that according to a/c type you are flying?

The downside of part 135 for me was getting abused by the hurry up and wait, on-again-off-again of accomodating client skeds. That sometimes meant movement of my off days, or our dispatchers begging us to work on off days because the contract money was too good to turn down. At least at NJ, you did not have to deal with that, right?

Since schedule flexibility and maximizing days off are my priority, I prefer the airline life too.