View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 10:39 AM
ARL120384
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by SaintNick View Post
what happened with you? I thought there wasn’t much at all.
For lack of a better explanation, I guess I'm just in that seniority bucket that keeps getting screwed.

Heres my JetBlue Training Resume:

New hire E190 FO - Full Course
Transition A320 FO - Full Course
Upgrade E190 CA - Full Course
Involuntary Displacement A320 FO Full Course
A320 FO SQ Bid Award Cancellation
Upgrade A320 CA - Full Course
Involuntary Displacement A320 FO SQ - Short Requal
Upgrade A320 SQ - Full Course

The last three events are the real kick in the d1ck. I upgraded to 320 CA summer of 2022, then got a paper displacement back to the right seat after MCO 190 closed, but then had a subsequent award to 320 CA again. Planning says because my training events are so close together, that I was to stay in the left seat. I liked that idea! This was last September when the bid came out. I heard nothing to the contrary for 7 months....

About 6 weeks ago I got a call saying I need to be displaced immediately. I made them aware that I have an upgrade date of mid June, and they said too bad, I need to downgrade again, then go through the full 320CA course again in June. I did everything to weasel my way out of it to no avail. So I obliged and did the quick requal to the right seat. I'm currently awaiting FO OE, then I have to do SQ OE and a line check. With all that waiting for training and my vacation in June, If I see the line for a week before I go back for upgrade I'll be surprised.

In my 7 years here I think I've only done 2 recurrents. Its pretty sad....