View Single Post
Old 05-18-2023, 07:50 AM
Tropical
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post

I am reminded the merger of TWA into AA resulted in about a 10 year downshift in seniority for CA and a pure staple and immediate layoff of all FA. It resulted in the McCaskill-Bond statute for Seniority Integration. This applies to merger of Major to Major. It has never been tried for merger of a Regional into a Major. I doubt it would apply (as I understand it.)
Well here's the thing. ALPA merger policy accounts for aircraft, seat, and career expectations. With a merger of two legacy airlines that are in the same ballpark, sure an integration is feasible. Merging a regional with a legacy, they aren't even close. A staple with fences would probably satisfy those requirements. McCaskill/Bond, as you said, probably wouldn't even apply. The problem is that the lifers will sue and attempt to grab seniority like the Comair lifers did since none of this has been tested in court. That could drag it out for years making it worthless to Delta and making 9E much more likely to just be liquidated like Comair.

Delta is better off just to flow the jets and pilots under the current agreement. Way less messy. Those who refuse to flow are furloughed when the last jet leaves.

Originally Posted by Kingairguy200 View Post
For everyone here trying to figure out how the seniority would work for a merger, staple or whatever you want to call it….

In the union email, they specifically say “no endeavor pilot would be more senior to any pilot on the delta seniority list”.

The unions are pushing for the 9E pilots to be attached right at the bottom.
The problem is that lifers like overqualified52 and Lizzy Borden are unlikely to accept that, and will almost certainly attempt a lawsuit, dooming all of you.