Thread: Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 05:24 PM
VASBYT
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: Right Side

Originally Posted by Im your PAPI View Post
Hey all, for the Cadets that have already signed (or have previously received) the contract, did you have any mention of the 50k signon bonus on the paperwork? I recently received my welcome email and the contract mentions nothing of the bonus. It also mentions returning the cost of ATP CTP and the type rating if one were to leave before 3 years, however it does not mention what those costs are.
I have done research on the costs and have a general idea, but it just seems like intentional vague language without specifics.
Just out of curiosity, how much are they asking for ATP CTP and type? I would caution anyone doing the cadet program. With the massive hiring sprees the legacies are on lately, I would rather find a cheaper way to build your time without committing to a program that forces you to pay back training costs and loans with interest rates if you leave within three years. With the amount of money the legacies are paying two and three year FO's you are essentially lose by being tied to these programs. IMO.