Thread: Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 06:52 AM
BigKitten229180
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by VASBYT View Post
Just out of curiosity, how much are they asking for ATP CTP and type? I would caution anyone doing the cadet program. With the massive hiring sprees the legacies are on lately, I would rather find a cheaper way to build your time without committing to a program that forces you to pay back training costs and loans with interest rates if you leave within three years. With the amount of money the legacies are paying two and three year FO's you are essentially lose by being tied to these programs. IMO.
This has been a big concern of mine. From what I’ve heard the type and atp/ctp come out of your 50k bonus. So you get something like 35k.

I’m a cadet in the program and debating whether it would be better to go to a 135/regional for say a year get a little experience then apply to either spirit, frontier, or other majors with lower minimums. But then that whole route would probably take 2-3 years before a legacy vs just being at frontier for 3 then a legacy (without considering the QOL that frontier offers). So far I think the 3 years is worth it. Also depending on what happens with Fredricks v Ameriflight maybe that could change.