Thread: Omni Air

JohnBurke , 05-22-2023 01:00 PM
Disinterested Third Party
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2012
Quote: There is a difference between being furloughed and fired. Omni/ATSG fired the pilots. BIG difference.
If they were still drawing training wage at home, were they fired?

If they were brought back with the new class coming up, those that chose to come back, were they fired?

If they were kept on training wage, and told they'd have first choice of the next 767 or 777 opening, were they fired?

I've attended training and just prior to completion, have been sent home due to a change in the program. When that happened to me, I was offered no compensation, no ongoing wage, no promise of return, and not offered a different aircraft.

Are you saying that Omni didn't keep these guys on their training wage, didn't offer them openings with other ATSG companies flying the same type, didn't offer them the first opening in either a 767 or 777, and hasn't brought those back who wanted to return, with the upcoming June class? Is all that untrue?

There's no question that to let a class go hours before their checkride is low-class, and a ****-poor business decision, but then didn't the man who make that decision admit as much? Didn't he say he knew it was a bad choice, and he knew it would hurt the company, but that it was his decision and that he was going to do it anyway? Or is that untrue, too?