Thread: Cadet program
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 02:01 PM
BigKitten229180
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Greendriver View Post
Do what you think is best for you! However, I too would not tie into commitments. Delta for example has removed their 1000-hour fixed-wing turbine time requirements. So you might think three years, but in all reality you could get the invite not long after you reach the required minimums. Based on my calculations, you would lose over 90k by staying at Frontier.

For example, three years combined (approximates) at F9 would get you around $311K (90, 106, and 114). We won't be passing a new contract anytime soon in my opinion. At Delta on the A321 around $403K (91, 144, and 168). The first year are pretty much the same, but between second and third year pay, you make around $92K more at Delta. Either way, do what what you want. If you go through the program, then nothing stops you from taking a loan and repaying Frontier when you get your invite to one of Big Three.

Good Luck!
With this being said, do you think going to somewhere such as Ameriflight and building single pilot multi turbine for about a year or less would give enough experience to go to Frontier/Spirit given the current hiring? Then I could skip the commitment from the contract or does that sound like a bad idea.