Gets Weekends Off
Otterbox
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Oct 2015
  • Position
    Gear slinger
Quote: yeah i mean the goal at the moment is 12 but theres potential for 22 if i really wanted to work till 65 ( i do not )
also I doubt a captain upgrade over here is on the cards anytime soon especially past merger..

again though back to the main point. How much hiring left does everyone think United has in em for the next say 5 years. Where would that place someone. Is there any number how much they want to hire next year?
My relative seniority also is about to get blown up with integration to keep in mind assuming merger.
Want to apply to United? do it. Waiting isn’t going to make things any better for you if you go to UAL. You won’t have near the flexibility you’ve got now. Schedule flexibility bad compared to Spirit, Frontier and JetBlue. Reserve is worse than every other Legacy, JetBlue and most every regional actually.

You’ll get variety of flying and the ability to fly widebody and upgrade on a couple different aircraft, but you’ll show up fly your trip and go home. The scheduling flexibility you get as a junior line holder at Spirit is something 30 year captains at UAL dream about at night. UAL is less of a dumpster fire operationally, so there’s that.