Thread: Need advice
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 07:22 AM
tsimmns927
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Default Need advice

After 1.5 years of trying to get my ppl I’ve decided to give it full throttle ahead and dedicate full time to it. I’m currently sitting at around 65 hours or so, have yet to take the written, have yet to do an Xc time, and had just soloed last month. I currently go to a small part 61 school that’s 1hr and 15th an away. I live north or DFW about 2 hours. My question is, should I start over basically and attend a part 141 school that has self examining authority DPEs in the area are backed up about 3 months or keep dragging my way flying twice a week at my current school that is about to be down from 2 cfis to 1 cfi. I’m currently 40 and hoping to make this a career switch if I can hit the hiring the wave before it ends. After I get my ppl I plan on using my GI bill at a part 141 place, so was wondering if making the switch now would be a wise to get accustomed to how they do things? Thanks for any insight you might can provide since I’ve already taken way longer than I had planned originally. I know why they say about 90% of people who start flight training never finish and I do not want to be one of those statistics.