Thread: APA QRG
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 06:16 PM
spooldup
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021
Position: Joystick Operator

Originally Posted by HSCompressor View Post
I agree. For those who think Indigo will come to the table quickly with an award winning contract to facilitate growth and stem attrition just look at spirit and JetBlue. Have their new contracts stemmed attrition? Doesn’t sound like it. Granted they are going through a merger and there’s probably people who want nothing to do with that. The way I see it until the backside of this legacy hiring curve comes, problems with retention/growth will continue.

Im not convinced they will come to the table for a quick negotiation. If some miracle happens, and they do, I wouldn’t expect industry leading. Just my .02.
You also have to remember the merger isn't a thing yet. The pay raises were simply to tide pilots over until a new JCBA is done IF ANY merger even happens, if not, they will be right back to the original CBA negotiations. I wouldn't stick around with that uncertainty either, especially at NK where they are truly struggling with attrition and having to park planes because of it. My buddy there is picking up so much premium it isn't even funny, but he wants out and to go to Delta. He isn't hopeful about the merger.