View Single Post
Old 06-01-2023, 08:41 PM
AirBear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Retired NJA & AA

"Jet It" Fractional just suddenly shut down and laid off all employees. Honda Jet owners are screwed, many of the jets are locked in hangers waiting for liens to be cleared. They'll take major losses on their shares. This can't give WU customers a warm fuzzy.

Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
I found the interview very compelling. I wonder about the customer demographic for WU and to what degree that may be indicative of a Potemkin village type economic situation, highlighted by the degree to which our society continues to exercise large inelasticity of demand in the face of very high inflation, so long as their credit lines are floated. WU going into BK may be one of many upcoming canaries in the much anticipated headwinds of a late 2023 economic slow down.

I don't know about the Delta angle. I can't see those contracts being worth a hill of beans once the BK filing is made. That's the point of the filing in the first place. I don't think DL is worried about it frankly, certainly not to feel compelled to infuse the company, though I'm not privy to the details of those block purchase contracts.