Thread: New Internal Pilot App

ThatChecks , 06-07-2023 05:41 PM
Line Holder
ThatChecks
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2023
Quote: From what I’ve been told by people in the know, it’s all a point system now. Your app gets scored with a point system, hogan gets scored on a point system, and the interview gets scored on a point system. If the point total for all three passes a predetermined threshold you’ll receive a CJO provided the review board doesn’t object for whatever reason. So, in theory, you could completely bomb the hogan, but as long as you have a strong and competitive app and perform well on the interview you can still get a CJO.

In other words, the hogan is now being used as part of your “whole package”, not as a make or break event.
With that being said, I guess the odds for a sub-1000turbine part 121 FO getting an interview are lower now than before? I'm going to the RTAG Convention in October, I'm a veteran but wasn't in the aviation field. I estimate i'll be around 700 turbine by that point in time. I was hoping that being at a veteran convention, that maybe that would help out. But I suppose not as much as I had hoped based on your post.