View Single Post
Old 06-11-2023, 11:24 AM
DieselMan
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Originally Posted by WheelInTheBack View Post
Sorry folks, I’m positive this is somewhere in this thread…or somewhere, but the search function only brings me to page 1 of this thread. This new format needs work.

Anyhow, I’m in my 40s. I have my employment history almost to the day going back maybe 18 years. Beyond that, most of the companies have shut down or I have no clue when I worked somewhere to “fill in the gaps” on the application. I also have tickets and a suspension for an unpaid fine from when I was young and dumb, but no tickets for 20 years. I don’t mind putting them on the app and explaining them, but as far as the employment history and driving record, how far back do I really need to go? I’d rather not have to remember why I got Ticket 4 that I forgot to pay and didn’t know I was on a suspended license until pulled over for a headlight out. (Was not arrested!) when I was 18. I’d also rather not fabricate dates with a guess for when I worked at the local Blockbuster 20+ years ago.
I couldn't find any record of my tickets from High School driving, so I put something to the effect of multiple speeding tickets circa the date, and it never came up in the interview. As far as the jobs go, I had a general idea of the month I started and ended, so I just put the 1st day of those months. They want a complete history, with no surprises, but the accuracy and attention to detail come into play on the items that matter, i.e. your logbook, flying job history, education.