View Single Post
Old 06-14-2023, 05:13 AM
seyepape
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2023
Default Checkride Failures

Hey guys
So I received a notice of disapproval because I did not include alternates on my nav log even though the weather along my flight plan was VFR all the way to my destination. The other thing is I gave a wrong answer first about the non-standard alternates minimum for a precision approach (flight visibility 2 Statute mile) the DPE did not allow me to look at 91.169 since I was not sure. Other than that, we went over all ACS and all the questions were answered correctly. My notice of disapproval just mentioned alternate and flight planning. I did not receive a debrief from the DPE nor did my instructor. No ones could tell me why I failed. The DPE did not talk to me, he just left without saying a word. What’s your insight in that? I was left confused. It was hard to digest that. I ended up passing with the same DPE after a 3-minute oral in which he did not know what the ground for the failure was. I don’t know how to explain this during my interview in which I don’t want anyone to think I don’t own up to my mistakes. The DPE has a bad reputation for unfair checkrides. If he like the student, he will give short oral, fly the plane for them. There are horrible stories If people ask around. Most students fear for retaliation and the school does not care. It's a pyramid scheme!