View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 11:12 AM
AYLflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by Softpayman View Post
Updating apps announcement!

Jr pilot upset. What do you mean going backwards? Your seniority # isn’t changing.
I could drive to work for either JB or DL/AA/UA. I'm here because I'm happy here and while progression is slow, I haven't wanted to start over because, well, I'm content. Nobody knows what the results will be right now, but at my seniority I'm now most likely going to lose my seat. Then I'll have to wait for the August bids to see if I can rehold the left seat. Meanwhile friends who left for a legacy are able to upgrade ASAP or go fly WB almost out of training OR stay narrowbody FO in a junior base (Which I'm near) and rocketship up the seniority list.

Point is, as stated below the rest of the industry is seeing ridiculous movement, yet our guys are losing their seats. I haven't seriously considered moving on for a while, but with this annoucement, plus the possibility of going backwards in seniority when the Spirit purchase happens, it makes me take a long, hard look at making the jump and starting over now, rather than waiting any longer.

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Likely a junior CA about to get displaced to FO. That is a tough pill to swallow at any time, but particularly in the current industry framework of 1-3yr CAs at legacies. I'd trade 10% of my seniority number if I could get 10% of relative in base/seat seniority spots.