Prime Minister/Moderator
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2006
  • Position
    Engines Turn Or People Swim
Quote: I was referring for the facts that he has been breaking rules by not following the standards. DPE are supposed to evaluate candidates by going over the ACS for the knowledge not asking only 3 questions because he might like the person. They should not take over controls unless a deviation occurs in flight nor teach during a checkride. FAA invalidated 140 checkride in Alaska because the DPE was not giving full checkride to some of the students which bring the questions of favoritism or discrimination. I am well aware of telling my story will not help in my case. I definitely learned my lesson from that experience. I wanted to get insights wether report him or not for breaking the rules. Anyway, I appreciate your feedback.
Honestly, even if it's the right thing to do, reporting someone in those circumstances might be detrimental to your short-term career progression. You generally want to keep a low profile until you get your dream job (unless you want to perform in drag on social media, that's probably OK these days).

One thing if it's a blatant safety issue, like a drunk captain. Different if it's just procedural or even corruption. Part 91 is a nasty place and you're probably not going to change that, even if you go out in a blaze of glory.