Thread: AA Pilots for ALPA

El Peso , 06-19-2023 02:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off
El Peso
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Dec 2019
Quote: Then my example with the contract vote should be held to the same standard. If only 53% participate once voting closes with a 67%/33% yes vote, the 47% who couldn't be bothered to vote are lumped into the no votes and the contract doesn't pass as they prefer the current contract over the proposed contract.

The survey was commissioned by the union...... Not by this group for ALPA.

I am not trying to make a case the 47% who couldn't be bothered to vote would vote in the affirmative. I will make the case they lost any chance to have their voice heard.

The apathetic should not be dictating direction no matter the issue. Maybe they will learn to actually get involved, participate, etc if things were moving in the direction they disagreed with.
No one is dictating anything. There are those of you who want ALPA. APA put out a survey to check for interest of the pilot group as a whole. Only about a third of this group said they want to explore an ALPA merger. That’s pretty clear man. Sorry you didn’t get your way but that doesn’t mean there’s some corruption afoot. You guys tried to gather support and interest with you green lanyards, and the turn out was weak.

I’d say move on but I know you won’t. You guys aren’t happy with the result so you’re going to keep pushing your anti APA garbage.