View Single Post
Old 06-30-2023, 07:45 AM
PossibleDeviation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: Student of the game

Originally Posted by dreadFOroberts View Post
Considering applying to Spirit. Currently at a regional and have an unrestricted ATP and thinking about the next move - while a legacy might be nice some day, QoL/Schedule is most important to me so I wouldn't necessarily mind making a final destination out of the next step.

I'm on the east coast.

-How junior is ACY? It looks like a small base from what I can tell, but it would be drive-able for me. Is the flying out of there any good?

-ATL, DFW, MCO and FLL seem to be very commutable (in that order) from where I live (DC area) - do you have a commuter clause? What's the policy?

Most important question: for those of you who have been there <2 years or so: what do you wish you had known prior to applying?

Thank you, in advance.

-dread
No idea about ACY. Short term you'll get it but long term, if any base will close with the merger, ACY will surely be it.

Commuter policy is great - 2 flights by report time (with no stipulations). You miss the first, company will buy you a ticket, release you from trip (NO PAY) or release you from trip and put on reserve for length of trip (WITH PAY).

Spirit, as it is now, is a known entity. Everything there is to know is on this forum. Unmatched lineholder QOL. What the merger will bring.... Hopefully the best of JB's and our CBAs. I'm at 1.5 years and have decided to gamble with the merger as QOL is my number 1 priority and even with the new contracts at legacies they don't match what we have here.