Old 07-26-2023, 07:12 AM
Blueridger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Chrysler Pacifica

Originally Posted by JMO127 View Post
ok now that pickets aren't the answer, people are dying on the Extended day narrative? Do you really think the company cares one way or another if you pick up days? If no one picked up extended days, you'd be right where you are now, hauling another cross around with the pitchforks and fire complaining of another place you were touched by the evil boss. Cry wolf enough.......you know the rest. Repeat after me, YOU HAVE NO LEVERAGE. Regardless of what the Union says you have. Talked to a buddy there this week. Seems company is going to meet its hiring goals. Another 54 this week? So now that you don't have everyone leaving in masses and new hires steady churning through the door. What's next from the Palace Keeper? Extended days I see. Good luck with that.10% minimum of the group will always do what's best for themselves. It's time you find another hill to die on as the previous 3 didn't work. Good luck in 2029. I think you might need it. NJ isn't an airline and shouldn't be paid like a 12 year wide-body captain regardless of how many times you take the Global into ASE or BFE Texas. If you want Delta/United money, go there. You'll never see close to that at NJ. EVER. Best of luck to you asking for 60 to 100% raise. When dumb and dumber stop their crusade of revenge and get realistic maybe progress will be made. Until then, I tip my hat and simply say..... Happy 2029.
You must really have your head in the sand if you think pilots have no leverage in this industry. Why do you think the airline are all outdoing each other with their latest contracts? Why do you think Netjets was ready to initiate a new IBI when we already had a contract through at least 2026? Do you really think it’s out of the goodness of their hearts? Good luck with the rest of you career, your mindset is clearly toxic and counterproductive for any pilot group.

Last edited by Blueridger; 07-26-2023 at 07:50 AM.