View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Rock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by CactusMan View Post
Rock - yep I inadvertently combined you and Adler, my bad on criticizing the anonymous posting. Not chasing any conspiracy theories here. That said, it will be interesting to see what the MEC members do after several of them claimed they’d resign if this sub-par TA failed ratification. I’ve already received one rep response refusing to step down while having set an LEC meeting for (impossible to JS into) Monday afternoon 🤦‍♂️.

Only point I disagree with is the strike vote. While we all know the gov will never let us strike, the attempt to do so raises attention in the media, to shareholders and to potential customers. I don’t agree with sh!tting on the limited leverage we actually have.

Take a look at how shareholders and customers reacted to the pending UPS strike. Unlike us, the teamsters aren’t under the RLA. They’ve struck before and they’ll probably strike in the future. Their threat to strike is very real. And they were days away just a week ago. I’ll attach a link to their 1 month stock price look back. Certainly shareholders didn’t seem to care about a pending strike. And if UPS was losing customers, it didn’t show up in our bid pack. Our lines have been shrinking for months.
I agree that it’s bad to **** on the limited leverage we have. But it’s possibly worse to think we have leverage we don’t have. Nothing worse than pulling out what you think is your winning card, and having the guy across the table chuckle, pull out his winning hand and take the pot. I’ve asked several times in the last week what leverage people think we have moving into a new round of negotiations. I’d really like to know. I haven’t heard an answer yet.

UPS stock one month look back on Yahoo finance