Thread: Next step
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2023, 02:56 AM
Skyquest
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2023

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo View Post
At the risk of sounding annoyed, you could have mentioned that you already had a CJO in your initial post. Congrats on that, honestly. But some reflection and perspective should be in order here. You are at the bare minimum of qualifications, in a market that has slowed considerably for those in your position, and you seem to be lamenting the prospects of a job offer while simultaneously desperate for such offer. You say easy commute, okay. What about PSA, Piedmont, CommutAir, Air Wisconsin, GoJet? Have you submitted an application to these carriers?

I'm just not sure what you're expecting here; a laundry list of places to apply, handed to you, neatly sorted by minimum qualifications, so you do not need to put in the effort searching for those jobs?

However, you did get me curious, so I went to NetJet's website and yep, they do require 50 multi but the ATP written only needs to be completed by INDOC. So you can very well invest in yourself and complete those goals should you desire to avoid RPA. FlexJet just states ATP written required but doesn't state if you need it just to apply (no specification on multi time). Have you tried applying to either yet, or just automatically assumed it will be a no?

Building a resumé can get expensive, either in time or money. Sometimes both.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Yes, apps are submitted to the carriers you mentioned.
Learning that this is a constant evolving job market. What my peers experienced and advised me on 6 months ago seems to no longer apply.
CJO received from REP last fall, made me complacent. then just as I was meeting my mins they drew up this new contract.
Not looking for a laundry list; more so first hand advice of others who are currently or recently in similar situation to me. Or leads outside the box. After all, the forum is for ‘career questions’. It seemed like a valid place to ask without the risk of annoying anyone.