View Single Post
Old 08-08-2023, 07:43 PM
JohnBurke
Disinterested Third Party

Joined APC: Jun 2012

Originally Posted by arthurbaxter View Post
I can relate here, 4 ga failures yes i know its alot but I own each and every single one of them and have learned a enormous amount from each one. I realize this isn't the best position to be in, and yes i do wish i did things differently while i was in training in GA( change CFI's) but it is what it is and only want to move forward and advance my career.

On this topic, I was a skywest cadet, for 1.5 years before my interview(for whatever thats worth). I can't help but feel i got that interview only because I am a cadet because they advertise "guaranteed final interview" Maybe a box checking thing? I don't know and prob wont ever. I really thought i nailed the interview, every single answer from the interviewer was chased by an "amazing", "beautiful" or " awesome job" So it really gave me the impression I did well, not to mention I studied really hard for it for almost a month. Got the TBNT. Can't help but feel like these failures were the culprit, some say its because they don't need FO's. In the end who knows, maybe the board said nope another guy deserves it more, but i really gave it my all and thats all i could do. Will reapply, hoping to get hired on by a regional, aviation is my ultimate passion and my dream is to become an airline pilot.
What's a "ga failure?" Go-around? General aviation? Do you mean four training or checkride failures during your pilot certification?

You're seeking a restricted ATP, which suggests you lack the experience for an ATP certificate (or age?), and you've had four failures thus far?

You studied for a whole month? An entire month? What were you studying?

Do you really think that hiring pilots has anything to do with what one "deserves," or that anyone cares? It doesn't. The airline is hiring personnel to operate very expensive pieces of equipment with a lot of paying passengers who all potentially have families with lawyers on speed dial. They want someone who is trainable, who can get along, and who won't land them n a law suit or bend metal. Fair has nothing to do with it, nor do they care about whether someone is "deserving."

Originally Posted by Stratoliner View Post
Maybe he had bad luck with the ****heads that exist in the GA world?
How about you? Do you mean "general aviation?"

There are **** heads in general avaition at a greater percentage than the airlines, corporate world, government, or militlary?

No.