View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:02 PM
2 BLUE

Originally Posted by Meworry?
I think management will have to increase pay eventually, as long as we stay profitable.
We (pilots) all wish for this, however, from listening to the top 3 speak to investors and to pilots management does not share this view whatsoever.

Many pilots are NOT motivated by stock price and profit sharing. If you are motivated by dangling carrots then you accelerate the race to the bottom.

With no pension and eroding benefits you become a contract worker. If you don't even command a contract wage then we become a valueless group.

Private enterprise is about making a profit......when you are a salary worker that merely translates into an hourly wage. Pilot CASM is .5 cents. It doesn't get anymore basic than that.

I want JETBLUE to be as great as you do but I see that there is room for a .6 pilot CASM now.

I guess one solution would be to have a split contract. Guys could choose to have lower pay and keep their options,CSPP and profit sharing or one could choose to eliminate options, CSPP and profit sharing for a higher contract salary. This way both sides of the fence would get what they want but would have to give up one or the other.

(This is not a blast)