View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 06:24 AM
CaptTX
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2022
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by Frank717 View Post
Cujo, remember we go way back to Beagle.

but… you did harp on me about our TA with K4. I was strongly against it, citing “when Covid is over, things will change. We deserve more”. You thought it was good enough and Connie couldn’t offer more. Here we are, K4 can’t get and hold pilots and we are almost as bad as ATI. I’m retired now, but it seems there isn’t a single yes voter to be found… typical.

My brother is counting down his year at ATI and has nothing good to say about them. The quality of new hires, it seems most of which don’t even have a Frozen ATP, are poor. The other issues there is the standz dept has apparently been through multi leaders in just a few months. And finally, apparently a semi-forced upgraded with the company pushing to get a blanket 1000hr P121 waiver in place.
just bad, bad, bad.
Rumor; some newbies are so poor at landing, captains either take every landing or encourage autolandings.
100% true about pro-standards.

100% true that we are hiring guys with no ATP or jet time (IMO the 767 is NOT a beginner airplane, it can be done and I've seen it but this isn't a RJ)

It's not technically forced upgrades, but sorta is. Some guys specifically told the company they'd be willing to be put into the November upgrade class and instead were assigned August. So now they're stuck either saying no and being barred for a certain amount of time or screwing over their families to go to training.