View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 10:52 AM
Elevation
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
Not only that, hints were dropped that it had to do with on-time performance which made this a very convenient opportunity to gaslight the pilot group.

Do-you-really-think-that-confidential-information-is-shared-on-a-systemwide-zoomcall?

I’ve spelled it out for you.
Synchronicity is a powerful tool.
Two airframes less out of 104(?).
I respect you and my Toydarian comrade. If I understand your points, you are saying that this information could not genuinely be confidential because it seems unimportant. You are also saying this is all a ploy to manipulate the pilot group.

I agree and I disagree. To more clearly lay out my point, please allow me to review the basics of BS. Bear with me if this seems obvious.

BS requires coordination and secrecy. This is why BS ultimately fails. Coordination, especially when you look at second and third order effects is hard to do without facts aligning people. Secrecy is very short-lived. A secret's life is shortened by the numbers of people with access to that secret and the amount that secret is used. This is why some bs around our inability to adjust certain wakeups fell apart.

The idea that this is a manipulation to avoid contract improvements doesnt hold up. They hold the cards and can simply say "no". BSing along these lines is all cost and no benefit. They could just stay quiet and be better off.

What this IS is an attempt to reach out directly to the pilot group since a lot of our information is heavily filtered and spun. In that much, yes, it is an attempt to manipulate pilots.

So I come back to BS detection and secrecy for this piece. I mostly integrate seemingly innocuous leaks to build a picture of the landscape before me. Over the years this has served me well. Seemingly small missteps aggregate into a useful lowdown.

Somebody made the decision that the benefit of sharing this information was worth the risks. By leaking we up the risks and make it harder to share.

On whether or not something is secret: did they say "keep this secret?". Did you access the information through secure means? It's secret. Even if it's toilet paper orders.