View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 02:57 PM
mrwizard0
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2019

Originally Posted by dracir1 View Post
No no no!!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the flexibility. But you can't put that in APC under the pay rates column. NO ONE IS COMING HERE for the flexibility. In fact, guys who have it are leaving. We need the RATES. We need to get paid - even if we have to give up some of the QoL items - just to be competitive w/ other airlines. Otherwise, we stagnate. And that wonderful flexibility is lessened by the fact that there are no upgrades, there's no open time and PAF is a desperate measure in the 11th hour that requires guys to be online 24/7 just to get it. Rates are king in this world.

TBH, there really should be no reason why we can't have the rates AND the flexibility. Imagine a AA pilot leaving for F9...

A competent CEO could manage this. Hell, he'd be PROUD to.
I came here for the flexibility. I turned down interviews at legacies because qol is more important to me than money. Keeping (hopefully improving) our flexibility is worth giving up money. Lots of money is useless if you aren’t able to be home with those you care about it. We should be able to get our pay rates real close to the legacies and keep the qol, but either way we need qol