View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 08:45 AM
mcdonald
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2023

Originally Posted by Stayontarget View Post
You are looking too hard into the negatives and beating yourself up over the echo chamber of this Debbie downer forum. Let’s take a step back and do some self reflection with a simple question. Why did YOU come to Frontier?

Im gonna guess it wasn’t the sterling reputation and incredible on time performance. We never had that. Maybe the animals tails and seat pitch but I doubt that too.

Was it the quick upgrade time? Still have that. We are a witches tit away from 2 year upgrade.

Was it the airplane growth? Still have that. Just took three brand new airplanes in 6 days. “Oh they could cancel orders and send them to Volaris, Wizz, Jet Smart…” Not sure if that’s possible for 1 and 2 we extended the lease of two aircraft we didn’t have to. We’re going the opposite direction of that negative thought pattern.

Was it the base location? Certain bases seem more secure than others. Your situation may differ.

Was it the money? Yup we are one of the lowest paid when you got here and we still are. Pretty happy we are the last to go get a contract and not the first. If we had ended with spirit rates and then seen these massive gains that would have been devastating.

Is it the QOL? Did something change? Nope. In fact our companies failures have made me more money with statistically 0% QOL losses. Our attrition should have made your life much better pretty quickly.

Is it our seniority growth? Still growing very rapidly. I would argue we have very close to the fastest seniority progression in the industry right now. Hired today, 30 in front quit and 55 hired behind. Furlough protection.

Is it company growth? They have had trouble scaling the operation and their ill advised incentive program keeps us informed about their failures. Yet in Jan 22 we had 37000 block hours for the month and this month we have 48000. 23% increase in 18 months. Holy smokes! No wonder they can’t keep up.

Was it the company profit? 9.7% was right in the middle of the pack and beat out half of our direct competitors. I don’t fully understand the negativity behind that profit when there are plenty of articles explaining the cause. To me it looks like we are on the backside of the domestic travel wave just as cargo has receded tremendously I would expect pax to slow as well. There are troubling reports brewing with CC debt, Housing costs, defaults on car loans, ect. Im saving my money to invest when the time is right but you do you.

The operation is in the pits no doubt. They over extended themselves and we are seeing the consequences. But we didn’t see a meltdown like two of our competitors and BB has even admitted the failures in his own way. No CEO will come out and admit it unless there’s severe pressure after they take a private jet when the company collapsed or leave a million stranded. Cough. The problem is it takes six months to make the needed changes since the schedules are built ahead of time.

TLR We have problems. They can be overcome. Fly the contract, get paid, go home, and enjoy your life.
Great post! Sometimes it seems as though misery loves company here. Thanks for keeping it real.