View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 11:27 AM
RJSAviator76
Gets Weekend Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by JeStar View Post
Hello, I decided to make this post here because there isnt a "new hire" or "training" etc. thread.

I have 2 recent (~1.5 years ago) ATP initial type-ride 121 failures on my record at PSA Airlines, which I disclosed on the application. Passed everything there except for LOE, twice. I went on to another regional and was able to become successful there, passing recurrent, IOE, etc. And have LOR from my APD examiner for my initial at my new regional, and two from Line check pilots who flew with me, attesting to my flying.

SW invited me to interview. I am wondering if they will seriously put me into consideration on becoming a pilot here, even though I fully disclosed these recent back-to-back 121 failures. I plan to make SW my final airline as I do not like to hop around too much and know its at least leagues better than my regional.

Worst comes to worst, I have a flow to United in 2.5 years, but if SW is interviewing me and takes me into consideration right this moment, I will definitely leave my regional, go to SW, and stay there.

I know somoene else in my situation and they ended up at JetBlue, but their 2 failures at PSA was about 3 years ago. I know another person with 2 failures as well at PSA and they are at Atlas. I believe theirs was also 3 years ago.

Thanks for the advice, and if anyone has interview tips, i'd appreciate it.
Own your failures. Don't blame anyone else for them. Own your recovery and own your successes. It's your story. Tell it from the perspective of your own personal development. You do that, you'll be OK.