Thread: Eat your young
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 11:59 AM
SonnyTuckson
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by jetlag7 View Post
It's not that dramatic really.... We're just asking the Boss for a raise in a time when our company is earning record profits -- primarily due to our efforts.

At first, we used a gentler tone... When we asked for parity with pilots who have the same training, experience, and background as us - you know, the type of pilots our customers pay a premium for - the company walked out of negotiations. (who exactly is throwing the temper tantrum?)

The quieter voice was ignored... we're just speaking a bit louder now that's all.
We are asking for an unrealistic raise we know they cannot give, so that we can keep fighting for fighting.

We will never get parity with the AA/DL/UA. We are not doing the same job, no one, except ourselves, is comparing us with them, they dont even see us as equal to them, our pic's dont have the same responsibility, stress level and stress ours have. NetJets pilots delay flights at will, refuse to go at will. It is unrealistic to ask parity. And on a side note, I do not want their vacations packages and I do not want their heal care insurance packages, among other things.

The company walked out of negotiations after getting fed up of the union negotiating committee walking at snail pace, asking for irrelevant things in an IBI, trying to renegotiate a contract mid-term.

The $245K extra I was going to make in the next 3 years, base pay + FDP, was looking pretty good. The SDP offer was pretty good. There were stupid points that could have been argued and discussed. The negotiating committee walked away. Decided for the first time in the history of negotiation that an BF is actually an LBF ha ha ha. That was done purely to lengthen the fight. ML loves a good fight, not always been interested in the results.