View Single Post
Old 08-27-2023, 03:08 PM
jtf560
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by Swedepilut View Post
Well the company has a ton of data. If certain pilots decide to go back to their old ways of grounding everything over paint chips I bet they will find their way to Columbus pretty quick. The company has all the data it can ever have and will clearly be able to show the pilot and whatever union steward has to defend him exactly where he decided to change his habits.

They aren’t stupid anymore.

But pilots continue to do the same stupid tricks thinking nobody will notice.

They do.
If the pilots that look real hard find real broken things with real proof they are broken, the company can want whatever they want, but they will just have to either take hostages that will cause other problems or they will have to cope with it. Metrics or no metrics, broke is broke. My best guess is that the broken airplanes that used to magically only be found broken at mx hubs or after the last flight are going to be found broken in much less convenient locations and times. That isn't necessarily more mx write ups to check against the metrics. That is my observation of what happens when pilots are no longer happy and come to the conclusion that less FDP now may lead to more money later.