View Single Post
Old 08-28-2023, 06:24 PM
Yuko
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
FYI, there’s already a leave of absence available in the current CBA. If someone wants one there’s nothing stopping them. Same with early retirement. TA1 also provided incentive to go in the form of a reset on the notification bonus, but obviously that’s not an option now.
How will these “discussions” occur that you suggest? Who represents us? The NC that produced TA1? The portion of the MEC under recall? When? You mean when we finally get back in front of the NMB?

I know it i(leave of absence) is in the CBA. I know how to process such a request. But does the membership know? Is the membership being educated on that process?

You (Union/company) tell us we are overmanned but yet there is no discussion on leave of absences. Here is how that conversation can start “pilots we are overmanned and we are actively researching LOA options for you all. We will be also entertaining requests for outside flying while on LOA”. You (Union) started this furlough talk as a stick to sway voters. If that threat was as serious as they said we would have engaged the pilots and company on LOAs and early retirement programs. So there you have it fellow poster, an easy low cost way to start the discussion if their furlough threat was at sky is falling levels. It is not.

so the saying comes to mind “either sh#% or get off the pot”

Who will represent us? There is a process. We are recalling certain block reps and when that is over. We will have new leaders. In the transit period, interim reps can be appointed.

I was told by our Union there will be no expedient deal. Yet, here we are with a rejected deal with all the expedient fixings (NMB can’t meet until labor day so we need to get this done now). I was not in a rush pre TA1.0 for a deal and I am in no rush now. My positions still remain the same, I can survive on min BLG and preparing for my furlough if it comes. It is often suggested the junior crowd is in a hurry, and have no patience. Well, none of my junior peers are in a rush for a repeat of TA2.0. Recalls take time, polling takes time, aligning NMB, Union and Company schedules take time.

I would say be patient with the processes and take the time to reflect on what is really important to you for TA2.0.