View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

Originally Posted by SmoothOnTop View Post
Please keep in mind, the West new hire in 2003, applied, interviewed, flew the sim and was accepted by the 2nd most sucessful LCC in our country. That applicant did not interview and was not hired by the legacy carrier.

They arrived on the property with zero expectations of the ups and downs associated with the East legacy.

* - It's a fine line to skate, but if I was in your hockey boots, I'd keep that in mind...

The west pilot did not interview with the carrier that was in BK, that had no airplanes on order, had pilots on furlough and was very very near liquidation.

What were the expectations for the east pilots based on what was occurring at the carrier at the time of merge? Pretty bleak if you read the finances and the fact that US was in its second BK since 9/11.

Personally I don't care what union they are associated with. We all know ALPA national has had its head up it behind for quite sometime. But to change unions just to screw the west pilots is absurd. The east agreed to arbitration, did not like the results and decided to burn the house down to get what they want. Childish and sad to see such greed by the east driving the spike.

What happens to the US pilot group in the event of a merger? What are the chances another carrier gives the US pilots the AA/TWA treatment and staples them? Might have wanted that ALPA to ALPA merger instead of ALPA to USAPA in the long run.