View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 08:19 AM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

No real predictions here, but last bid (cancelled) I moved from about 110 on the list down to 75 in the 727 FO seat...meaning about 35 folks senior to me voluntarily were upgrading. Some of those guys still snuck in under the training cutoff when the last bid was cancelled, so let's guess there are 30 out of the top 100 who wanted to move last time. If that holds true again....I gotta believe there are at least 20 guys between 100-286 that will go ahead and make the move. I don't see nobody losing a window seat in the 727. Again--that's just an educated guess based on what I saw in the last bid.

I will likely bid to excess, which means I'll either move up to a WB, OR sit at about 50 on the FO list. The wrinkle is there are some serious seat campers who enjoy the QOL, and it is hard to imagine a job that requires less pre-flight duty or prep than a 3 seat jet FO. Maybe, just maybe, enough folks will decide they want to continue to wear Bose headsets and ride out the storm on a jet with a shrinking bid pack--especially if the rumors of the South America flying come to fruition. However, I cannot believe there aren't fifty folks ready to do something else. I also can't believe someone who was familiar with the DC-10 jet and could hold an MD11 in MEM in ANC or an A300 in MEM would take a pay cut to go through boeing school (again?). So--I doubt there will be anyone piling in on top of the 727 FO seat pushing folks out the bottom.

Standard disclaimer--been wrong before and will be again....practice bid should give us a few hints on Wednesday.

Last edited by Albief15; 04-21-2008 at 09:58 AM. Reason: forgot "don't" as in I don't see anyone losing a window