View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by Flying Bison View Post
also steep turns to the left, when i roll into it i always climb quite a bit, aircraft is trimmed properly but i just cant keep her level.

im assuming this may be because im so used to flying the left seat, but i cant for the life of me perfect these two things. any pointers?

Once you start instructing, you will see 99% of primary students will decend in a left steep turn, and climb in the right turn. New CFI canidates, do the exact opposite (climb left, decend right). The reason is quite simple (though kinda hard to explane without pictures).

When one is turning to "your" side (right turn if you are in the right seat), after roll in, your eyes will be lower than the nose. Compared to level flight, the nose looks a bit high and you will let the nose drop to "normal level" flight position resulting in a decent.

(--- wings, O nose, ** eyes)

Right Seat
Level flight

--- O ** ---

Right Bank

-
-
-
O
-
-
-

When one is turning to "the other" side (left turn if you are in the right seat), after roll in, your eyes will be higher than the nose. Compared to level flight, the nose looks a bit low and you will pull the nose up to "normal level" flight position resulting in a decent.

Left Bank
-
-
-
O
-
-
-

Sorry about the "drawings".
Hope this helps.