View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 02:25 AM
CloudSailor
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006

Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
So we are the worst in the industry? I know you've been here awhile since you came over from your regional - were we always the worst? Why did you pick a place to come to with the worst work rules?

PM played "fast and loose" - in his words - please expand about this statement.

He said "yes" to R16? We proposed the changes in long call reserve - Company would have loved to keep R24 with base hotel stby like it is - they don't want to change it, R16 was the compromise.

There were changes to DFT? Did you even read the TA?
Yes, PM told us he TA'd all the concessions (he doesn't call them that by that name of course) early on, because he had given the company his "stern warning" that he would hold their feet to the fire when it came to payrates and retirement.

Yes, PM said yes to R16. He TA'd it. A concession he tried to sell as a win, just like you are doing.

Yes, I was at an ALPA regional a couple lifetimes ago, then an ALPA major, then another major, then here. I don't fault you for this being your only airline job, that's awesome. Still, your industry analysis is as weak now as it was during the 2015 TA you were so happy to vote in.

So, to help you understand by spelling it out: when I say "industry worst" I mean among our peers, not among the regionals.

Tuck, to set the baseline, you were asked what gains TA1 had that were worthy of voting it in. Of the 3 you were able to come up with, the fix of the company-created scheduled hotel receipt stupidity was a major win for you. Really, difficult to take you seriously after that.