Thread: Contract 2025?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2023, 03:49 PM
Flybynight101
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: F/O

Originally Posted by fr8munky View Post
Have you considered that the Executive Board thought the same? That they took a look at the totality of the situation, considered all the factors, and chose the LEAST WORST option for the pilot group?

I ask because I confronted both Boards both times the Contract Extensions were presented about the reasoning and timing. I told our President directly after learning of the second extension that it'll go over like a turd in a punchbowl, but that the pilot group trusted him and the Board. I haven't spoken with one person the last three years who is ecstatic about the delay in QOL improvements, substantial pay increases, retirement bumps, etc. But the situation was as you described, a **** sandwich. We just got the least crappy bite to position ourselves for next year, and I know for a fact the EB wasn't happy with having to choose extensions over substantial negotiations.
I think we’re saying the same thing. I’m talking about the people that think the extension was the greatest thing since sliced bread and pointing to the overwhelming percentage of yes votes to support that claim.