View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
Bren, we already spoke of this, but I agree with the other guys. I assume SKW owns the Bro's, and they are money makers, so it would seem to be a no brainer to keep them around for a while, especially with the current oil. Unless they become maintenance hogs, they are more fuel efficient than a CRJ any day. I saw a bunch at SLC during the interview. Wonder if it's a maintenance base for them. I think we are one of the last Co's to fly them. Seen them flying cargo and corporate.
It doesn't matter if they are money-makers or not...SKW is a subcontractor, and UAL wants all the bros gone. The deal is done; they will be replaced by 70 seaters unless UAL changes their mind for some reason.

This means that all the Cali bases are up in the air...obviously there will be at least one or two, but it might be LAX and SFO. SMF and PSP are other possibilities, but SAN is less likely to remain as a base.

Selecting a regional based on a desire for a specific long-term domicile is foolish in most cases...things happen to fast in this industry. But SKW is still a good choice for west-coast types...there will most likely always be bases SOMEWHERE in the west.

The bros might longer on in the DAL system for a while, but without the UAL fleet the training and Mx overhead will be pretty steep for the handful in SLC.